more
Message on the answerphone this morning from an older lady. Rang her back and her first words where, "did I leave my correct phone number"
Went to a house a while ago to repair a cooker. When the job was sorted this woman asked me to have a look at her Hoover w/m. 'It keeps stopping and I have to move it' on she said. When I checked the machine out I discovered that it was not letting any rinse water in, just initially filling with hot on wash. As the machine was only 14 months old I thought its unlikely that the valve coil had gone so I pulled the machine out and found the cold service valve was turned off. Turned on the valve and everything was OK.

After explaining to her the problem I was amazed to discover that she had had this problem since the washer was new, whoever had installed it had not turned on the cold tap! She had not had her clothes rinsed for 14 months!!!! She just kept moving it on until the final spin.

I asked her why she had not complained while it was under warranty but I think she just did'nt want to cause any bother.

It never ceases to amaze me how much people differ.
Know what you mean, many years ago had a machine that had been used for almost 12 months with transit packing in place. The woman and her husband physically held the machine down when it came to the spin cycle.
I get this all the time as i am leaving.

'Thank you for coming so quickly' grin

Whats more they tell my wife on the phone.

'He always comes so quickly' smirk

To which my wife always replys.......................... mad

a) "Don't I know it!
b) "You're not wrong there"
c) "Tell me about it"
d) "It been a problem for years"
e) "His mother says his father had the same problem"
f) "He's improving as he get older.
g) "Never noticed, i'me usually asleep by then.
h) "Ar'nt you the lucky one then"!
I) "Wait until I get my hand on him"

No prizes but which is the right answer?
I did a call not too long ago, and when the lady answered the door she almost fainted when I said I was there to fix the washer.
" Bl**dy hell......I haven't rung you yet, its only just packed up!!!!!!!"
But the call was booked yesterday says I. Shocked
Turns out the call was round the corner in the Drive and I'd gone to the Close with the same name.
Got two jobs out of it though!!!! wink
Reminds me of an incident a few years ago...had an irate lady on the phone threatening to sue me for not turning up as i had promised, causing her to take a day off work needlessly, leaving her lumbered with a washer that still didn't work etc.

It took two or three minutes to calm her down and explain to her that she hadn't even called me before, and that it was another engineer she'd called who had let her down...she'd made a note of the engineers number on a piece of paper which she'd subsequently mislaid, and picking up her local parish magazine she saw my number and assumed it was me! whistle

To cut a long story short, i got to do the repair....and have been back several times over the years, indeed I rate her as one of my most lotal customers!
.....ohhh.....and her coffee and cake's pretty good too!
You have it so easy the odd mouse and lizard I arrived at a customers house only to find to get to the front door had to navigate past some bee hives . Lucky it was getting late and they were a bit sleepy.
Make it to the Machine and got to work.
Next thing the husband starts swearing runs out then back in the laundry with a shotgun relived as he goes out the back door but then starts shooting. Me thinking Im in the middle of a rather serious domestic despute.? He brings in a Brown Snake with a few holes in it.
Australia also has its good side in the summer went to a house no answer at the front door so went round the back and had to contend with a small dog. Heard a shout and just turned round as the naked woman covered herself with her towel. Didnt see a thing I could have kicked that dog.
Those Aussies get all the fun but you can keep your snakes thank you!

Talking about snakes....
In the summer of 2002 we were staying at a friends 'cabin' beside Stockton Lake in Missouri. He had a rifle leaning against the wall which was kind of scary to say the least. When we were sitting on his deck that evening I asked why the rifle was there and was it loaded?..."Sure!" he said "....."you cain't sit here on the deck this time of th'evenin' without one 'cos of those darned 'Diamond Backs' all over the place!

I thought he was joking until we got back from a day on the lake next day and we just got settled into a 'cook-out' on his deck, I had just reached into the cool box for another beer when a deafening bang in my right earhole, blasted me to the floor. I got up dazed to see my friend and a smoking rifle, blood and beer everywhere!!

There was a Diamond Back hiding behind the cool box and he blasted it to hell and almost me with it!!!!
Bored yet?

der Großvater