A lot of people that I've come across in my travels have bought Stereo gear, IMO because of the marketing hype.
Statements like 150W PMPO(Peak Music Power Output), or the newer term used here in various pamphlets, AVPO (Average Voltage Power Output).
People are being sucked in left, right and centre.
Mainly because most of the sales idiots won't let you see the actual Specs Sheet.
I bet that the last time the statement "But what's the Total Harmonic Distortion at that output?" would have been asked back in the 70's.
People are dumb now with respect to (dare I say) Hi-Fi gear, all of the marketing people have made it so that all of thier terms mean little or nothing to do with the gear that they sell.
It's made to sound flash, but expect no extra perfomance from it.
Let's dis-regard OFC cables and stuff like that and concentrate on the systems themselves.
I read in a bit of literature here and apparently there is a new way of getting better sound out of a Power Amp, better High Frequencies and even better Low Frequencies.
Simple, you put the (of course) Toroidal Transformer on a 3 degree slant, to the Chassis.
I'd never thought of this before.
I could have been a multi-millionaire, by now. [Linked Image]
What is your take on all this bunkum, guys?.