I am an EC and looking to getting into the structured wiring/whole house audio/home theater market. I have taken the Leviton training and have experience terminating CatV and fiber when I worked as a union hand at Los Alamos Labs. That was several years ago but other than changes in fiber terminations, I know I can handle the rest. My questions are these: What other training should I look for? What is the going rate for the differnt type of installs, i.e. per CatV drop, coax drop, speaker run, panel install, module installs, etc. I live in North Texas so I am sure the rates are different for those of you in the north and east, but I have no idea what a fair price would be. I am still working at learning all the terminology so I can be comfortable with it when I talk to my future customers, I understand what it means and all but just am not "fluent". I have a couple of customers ready for me to do the work, but I don't know how to price it? Any advice? I still do my electrical contracting and will try to do the whole house, electrical and low voltage if possible. So for you experienced VDV people out there, I am listening. All advice/recommendations/cautions/etc. is welcome. Oh yea I am a one man shop and don't have a crew to train or help me.
Thanks in advance!