How do you handle the costs for license, registration and bond fees ? Do you add them to the cost of the job ? Do you try and average them across all jobs for the year ?

I personally add them to the job that requires them.

Here is why I am asking. I bid a job, was told by the GC we are doing the job BUT the customer has made revisions to the drawings, resulting in less work. The GC wants me to register with the village (which requires license, bond, reg.) to the tune of $200.00.

Since I don't have a contract on the job yet I sent him a C/O for the $200.00. He replied that NONE of his subs ever charge HIM for these costs. I replied that the other subs are probably including the costs but not breaking them out separately. According to him they are a cost of doing business (for me). He said he is paying for me to work in the village for the next year and if I get another job in the village he has paid for me to work. I replied what if I don't get another job. I have then lost $200.00 on your job.....

The GC said they average the costs of all the bond, reg's, etc. for the year and spread them out across all jobs. Not exactly sure how that would work due to a varying work load.