I recently had a customer,referred to me by a friend who owns a heating and air conditioning company. Customer needed some controls installed on an old damper system. I spent around 8 hrs on this job,customer met me in his home after the job was completed. I was demonstrating how nicely it worked when the guy informs me that Quote"I'll pay ya for your material,but I ain't paying you for your labor" That was supposed to be included with the air conditioning. I was so angry I just wanted to remove all of the work right then. Of all the gaul! have a guy work all day in your home and then look him in the eye and tell him your not paying, so I left (Before I tore a big chunk of his face off) called the police in the area and asked if I could remove my materials and was denied! Found out that this was the third call in the same area in the last three days for the same type of stuff. I still had an outstanding permit on the job and with some cooperation with my AHJ scared him enough he paid me. As the gas prices and economy changes are you guys seeing this...My first time in three years getting flat out ripped off.

[This message has been edited by mlk682 (edited 12-18-2005).]