I am a second year apprentice. I love the work, and I can't really complain about the pay. Only thing is...the company i work for is made up of me and the owner...he's the E1..I'm the apprentice. i have been working for him for a year and a half, and we do mainly residential some commercial...ect..a lot of times he drops me off at the job, and leaves to do other things...don't know don't care what they are...except...shouldn't he be there to answer any questions? He obviously wouldn't leave me there to do something i couldn't handle...but it still doesn't sound right to me...we just wired up a 6000 sq ft steel building...i did almost everything in it...alone...exept for pulling the feeders and mounting the panels...once He told me to wire up 2 waste oil furnaces by myself and i luckily had a schematic on the inside of the covers to look at...but before this job i didn't even know what a waste oil furnace was....anyway they work, and i am obviously gaining valuable experience by having to figure stuff out on my own...i consider my self as a person who is motivated and hard working and will most likely start my own business one day....any comments?

I have to add...in the steel building, there is an appartment on top of offices at one side...i forgot the outlet in the hallway in the appartment and it failed inspection...supposedly the inspector asked the building's owner who the electrical contractor was and if he had a liscence...pretty funny stuff...

[This message has been edited by Clydesdale (edited 01-07-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Clydesdale (edited 01-07-2005).]