In the local phone book for my area in the electrical section there is 1 full page ad, 2 pages of 1/4 page ads then a couple of pages of small ads. When I look in the plumbing and HVAC sections there are about 7 to 8 full page ads. In the newspaper I see lots of ads and coupons for plumbing & HVAC services but don't see any for electrical services.

I plan to go to a full page ad soon and I'm looking into putting ads and coupons in the newspaper. Does anyone have coupons in the paper? Does it work well for you?

It seems in my area that there isn't anyone pushing the advertising for electrical service work like the plumbing and HVAC people are. I think there is a huge market for this type of work and I think most of the electrical contractors in my area want to avoid residential service work.

How does in look in your area? Has anyone else seen this senario in their local phone books and newspapers?

Also I've heard that you can aquire competitors old phone numbers so when their previous customers call their old number they get your company. Has anyone done this?
If so how do you find their old numbers?