Hello I just have a quick question and I KNOW someone here can help me [Linked Image]
I have always been curious as to how electrical systems and wiring methods have been done overseas, I do not know if this is still how its "Done" over there but i read that for power outlet circuits in Great Britan they are wired in a "ring".. Originating from the fuse or breaker, picking up all receptacles on that circuit and returning to that same breaker??, with the ring circuit being fused high as all the cord "caps" have individual fusing.. Is this the norm? also, I read that to "tap" off of a ring circuit you must use a device called a "spur" unit.. I am assuming this device is a form of terminal block that also contains fuses or a breaker of some sort to protect the tap or "spur"???
As well, an "RCD" or "Main RCD".. this from what I have read sounds very similar to what we use in bathroom, kitchen and outdoor receptacles as well as pool and spa circuits. a "Ground Fault Interrupter" .. whereby if 5 milliamps difference is detected between hot and neutral conductors it trips open... Is an RCD the same kind of idea only its a 33 milliamp device that is used at the main and protects the entire dwelling??
Just curious!
A.D