I got a holiday job! I'm working as a maintenance technician for Train de Luxe Orient Express!
My first job is to replace roughly 160 swiss receptacles and matching plugs with Schuko...
As a nice extra they used standard Swiss 10A sockets for both 220V and 24V, unlabeled, side by side...
We're going to keep the Swiss grounded sockets for the 24V as you won't be able to plug 24V appliances into the Schuko sockets. We're also going to kill power to the 220V socket right behind the toilet bowl... though we'e going to leave the dead socket in place and put up a big warning sign to ensure better aim... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
One car (restored in France(!)) even has BS 1363 sockets for the 24V... whatever. Since they cut huge holes for the UK sockets we'll probably have to leave them. I don't really care for making patches in the mahogony woodwork...
The train got it's own diesel powered gen set to ensure independent operation... and huge batteries operating at 24 and 48V. The cars are coupled with 63A CEE patch cords. I think each car has it's own battery charger.