Guys,
I don't want to cut a lot of you out of this argument, by all means jump in.
I was talking with a former colleague who is working in Invercargill now and he asked me this:
Since we've lost all of our Power Boards to the Max Bradford idea of cheaper power, where do you go these days if you want a bit of free, friendly advice on Installation work.
Given that we have to comply with various Stupid Standards and other rubbish, all he wanted was a clear-cut opinion, from someone with clout.
Now, without actually wanting to sound too silly here, I am quite biased, working for the local Lines Company, which was a Power Board, before Mr Bradford told us we would have to sell the retailing side of the Company.
This would mean cheaper power for all, we were told.
Now, we have a situation, where work goes un-certified and what my mate was talking about, you have no advice at all.
Unless, that is, you have to pay for a consultant (Inspector) to answer your question.
I have one Inspector that answers all questions for free, he hates the paper-work.
But guys, is this the road we are heading down?.
What is the point of working in an industry where the answers aren't readily available.
Sure as I said, I work for the Lines Co, but at the end of the day, who wants to pay exorbitant rates just to have a question answered.