Well as I type this the rain lasheth and the wind galeth - again...

Just come in from a house that got wet - old dear whos power was put on without anyone checking the state of things, she couldn't understand why no sockets or heaters worked downstairs. I traced the fault to a shed adjoining the house - everything soaked through. It was freezing - no heat in the house...all electric. Being infirm she lives downstairs so has just "put up with it". Thank Heaven for earth leakage protection...

Made a cup of tea for us both [Linked Image] and sat chatting for a while in front of the fan heater. I said I'd send a bill in a week or two - but she pressed a £20 into my hand as I left "for being a gentleman". People like that are the salt of the earth - a far-cry from the orifice I met yesterday. I will, of course, quietly knock the £20 off the bill... What a wonderful ol' lady [Linked Image]

Simon - methinks I could not afford a Chinese takeaway delivered by you!! How many gallons to the mile does that thing do? [Linked Image] Can't believe your roof saga - Geez. Hope you fair well through the night.

Hope all goes well in NZ Trumps - didn't realise you were suffering over there as well. What with the Tsunami, and the weather in the States as well - makes you wonder what the hell is going on!? I wonder too, how long property insurance will remain available to the average earner???

If hindsight were foresight, we'd all be millionaires!