Guys,
It is 23:27 here in New Zealand, I have been working flat-out since I finished at 1800(real work), to finish this un-ending screed of useless paper-work.
This useless-ness was shown to me yesterday, when a person that had a Hot Water Cylinder feed replaced by myself(about 1 year ago), called upon me to give her a Certificate of Compliance, I simply said that I had already given the said C.O.C and that she must have misplaced it.
Well, I wish that I had never said that, because, after I had hung up from the call(which I thought no more about) I recieved a call from the Police.
I was told that I should I not furnish the required paper-work, I could be liable for any damage that is caused by the wiring that I have installed, I told the Officer on the end of the phone of the fact that I had already furnished the required C.O.C and of the fact that the customer must have mis-placed it.
This when it all started, I was told that, making a False statement to a Police Officer, was a Criminal Offence and punishable by a sentence of up to 6 months in Prison.
(Just as a note guys, you cannot hold Electrical Registration,in NZ, after having served a prison term)
I asked for the Officer's QID No, which he gladly gave and I quoted this when I rang him back, quoting the C.O.C number that I had given my ex-customer,(I have the other 2 copies you know!!) and yes, she did find the thing, it was under the couch!. [Linked Image].
But, the point of all this, is this:
In this age of Self-Certification, just how much paper-work should you have to fill out and what should really happen if the client destroys the thing and expects you to jump to the next time that they ring you?.
One thing I'd like to say, is that, if people are just going to screw these bits of paper up and throw them in the fire, what's the point of me wasting my time filling them out?.
What are your thoughts, on this??. [Linked Image]