Now here's a question and a half.
I recently quoted for some fluorescent light fittings, that are going to be installed into a Beer Chilling Room.
The temperature in the room, will be kept at a constant 2*C, with a reasonably high degree of condensation in the room.
I have allowed for IP 66 water-proof fittings, but, here is the main crux of my question.
In the newest fittings that are coming out these days, they all have HF(High-Frequency)
Ballasts in them, which produce no appreciable heat output, with the standard wire-wound Ballasts, you were assured of the ballasts keeping the fittings warm in a situation like this and there would not be a problem, with current flow, because of temp.co-efficient.
My real question is, have any of you guys ever installed fittings like this(w/HF ballasts) and had problems with them at low temperatures?.
We are only just starting to get into this sort of technology, now with the MEEPS(Minimum Energy Efficiency Perfomance Standards) protocol.
But, what are your thoughts on this, as you cannot get fittings over here now with Wire-Wound Ballasts in them!. [Linked Image]