I plan to relocate my meter and stumbled over some requirements I thought I'd share with you.
Basic task is easy enough. Relocate meter from inside the apartment into the stairway and install panel inside the apartment next to the new meter location (hallway).
An electrician would probably charge helluva sum for chanelling, wiring and plastering so we decided on tackling the job ourselves. The electrician told us just to go on and wire everything, he'd inspect it and give in the completion note for resealing of the meter.
We got the following requirements.
1) Meter feeders have to be 6mm2 min, regardless of the pre-meter fuses (that are only 20A in this case). 3ph has to be 10mm2 min.
2) Meter feeders have to be black, blue and yellow/green, tails from meter to panel have to be brown instead of black.
3) ANY circuit has to be protected with a 30mA RCD.
4) There must not be ANY ungrounded receptacles connected to the service, the wiring has to be up to code.
That means I have to fit a new RCD into the old panel. However, old MCBs were bigger than modern ones, the result is 2 gaping holes in the panel cover. The electrician told me: Well, they have touchproof terminals, just leave the hole open. Or glue something in front of it if you don't like the look.
Still figuring out how to ground the receptacle that feeds the living room TV (wired with Romex buried in plaster). Guess I'd be better of disconnecting it and resorting to a nearby Schuko receptacle or hoping he doesn't look behind the turkish wall covering that covers said receptacle. I _love_ codes!
At least I can add 2 circuits reusing the old Diazed panel and don't have to buy a new, bigger MCB panel.