I don't agree with the position of not learning about wireless technology.

Fiber, then wired, networks will always be more secure because you need a physical connection to the network to snoop. Hardwired networks will also be faster, if for no other reason than you don't need to add the wireless transmission time to the network response.

Still, here some examples of places where wireless technology works in a commercial setting, even if hard-wired networks are the basis for their connectivity:

1) Meeting and Conference Rooms. As more and more people migrate to laptops (so they can take work home with them), wireless connectivity in meeting rooms will become desireable.
2) Cafeterias. During non-meal hours, cafeterias become prime spots for impromptu meetings because you don't have to sign up for the space. Wireless connectivity in the cafe means that meeting, or the worker who needs to escape from the phone, can be more productive.
3) Warehouse/loading dock areas.
4) Retail/POS - if all you need is a 120 VAC line for a register, you can put them almost anywhere. Flexibility in store layout becomes a merchandizing advantage.

Computers are my profession. We haven't gone to wireless for our office networks because of the cost, performance and, as long as workers are in our existing cubicles (OK - cells), it's not a big deal to use the already established hard-wire network. When wireless technology achieves current hardwire throughput (eg 100 Mbps and beyone), I'll bet that you start to see wireless stations popping up when the modular furniture is replaced.