OK I have got to say it.
Gus99 I spent about a year working on that ride when it was being built in '94. I know it well. All the open overhead wiring is props installed by the WDI prop people. The fixtures are actually wired in code compliant traditional methods. One thing I noticed last time I was there was the incandescent fixtures in the Que. (The custom old looking ones with the fake wiring) We had to supply frosted lamps with the stamp, the one that tells you the voltage and wattage, put on top of the bulb to wards the socket rather than the bottom of the bulb. This was so you couldn't see it and it enhanced the "old" look. Over the years the maintenance guys have just replaced them with standard every day lamps. The original lighting designers were very particular and I am sure would not be happy with how it looks now.
I don't remember what drives the motor you were talking about, it is a prop so it's probably just a plan old 120V circuit, but I can tell you the lighting in the area you are talking about is fed and controlled by Strand dimmer panels with DMX control. They were installed, if memory serves,in an existing electrical room that feeds part of The Pirates of the Caribbean. I didn't do allot of work in the Que. I spent most of my time in the ride area. It was actually a fun job. Every one I have done there since has been a miserable experience. I'm sure it's just the difference between working with the tools and dealing with WDI as a Foreman.