Hi, I am an Electrician in Roanoke Virginia. I have a 3 Phase 120/208 system in a building I am working on for my company. Our local Power Company subbed out another company to wire their end of the CTs. It has taken them 5 days to get this far, but I am glad they did not energize it. This is a 1600 Amp Service - my work on top, Power Company coming in on bottom. This is just unbelievable.

When the sub was confronted about what he had done he really thought he did nothing wrong and even said this is how he was taught to do it in West Virginia.

Look closely at his neutrals, and what you can't see is that in the Xfmr each pipe full of wire is made to a phase so you see B,O,Y,N in a ring here it is all made to A, or B, or C in the Xfmr. I just could not believe it.

The Power Company who had hired them made them fix it and I made them ring out the wires to make sure everything was the way it needed to be, but the guy really did not know what he was doing and as for the Power Company, they are going to question what terminations have been made all over and under the city. This guy was the lead termination guy for his crew and has done a lot of work for our Power Company.

- (no name given)
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 01-29-2006).]