Revisiting "Pisa" to see the Leaning Poles!

Hello everyone!

I have Revisited Pisa, and while I was there, got some shots of Utility Poles with "SLP" (Severe Lean Problem)
[Linked Image]
*** FYI: These images are from So. California - not really from Pisa Italy. Also, the Street names are just jokes, not actual Streets in So. Ca. ***

[Linked Image]

Shot down Pisa Ave. showing at least ½ Mile stretch of Poles that lean

[Linked Image]

Check out the 3rd Pole down (next to the Traffic Signal) - it's A' Leanin' quite a bit!

[Linked Image]

A few more with somewhat higher SLP than others

[Linked Image]

Some straight, some tilted.

[Linked Image]

Shot of Poles on Mt. Etna Dr. Can see why they lean, as the Circuit they carry uses really Large Conductors (like 500 MCM maybe), plus they span diagonally for about 300 feet carrying a 3Ø 4 wire feeder.
These Poles are severly Guyed too. They have 3 Independent guys landed on the poles, however they anchor to the Ground in a common point via a "Standoff" item, which is attached to the pole in a Cantelever format. This allows the Guys to span over the Sidewalk.

BTW, what is the term / name for the Guying method explained above?
Also, what term(s) best describe an auxillary Pole used specifically for attaching Guys to it? Would this be a "Pal Pole"?
(the Pole normally is across a Street from the "Target Pole", has Guys Terminated to it from the "Target Pole" and a few supplimental Ground Anchored Guys on opposing side of the ones from the "Target Pole", Pole is typically half the length of the Pole it assists with and the Pole carries no Power Circuits - sometimes Telco / CATV Trunk Cables, but not always)

Tomorrow, I'll try to get a shot of a 230 KV Pole with Transpositions. It's really apparent!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!