I am an EE student working at Taco Bell. I know little about code compared to an electrician, but I know what is in the attached pics is wrong.
Pic#1 is a #10 spliced to a #14 Both stranded. The wire cap melted
Pic#2 and #3 Tie together. in 3, the new outlet is plugged into another outlet. From here, the hot and neutral are reversed. in the flex, the hot was meant to be green and neutral white, but since it was reversed, the green is neut and white is hot. It then goes into the timer in pic 2. Since the reversal, the neutral is switched. This somehow feeds a fan in the fry hood that is on a pressure switch so that the timer shuts off the fan and the pressure switch shuts off equipment. Also notice the "extra" wire coming from the timer. I'm not 100% sure of how the setup works, being that i dont know where all the wires go.
Richard, the repair guy, refused to fix the wire nut, elec tape used as KO covers, and scotch tape used as a breaker lockout. He installed this timer mess.
I have a question. If I were to report it, do I report it to OSHA ot the local Electrical Inspector. Is there something in the labor laws that prevents employers from retalliating on employees who report such violations. I can't give an anonymous report since I am the only one in the restaurant that knows any electrical stuff.

Thanks,
PEdoubleNIZZLE (Josh)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]