[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
This isn't something you see every day (thank God). While remodeling our nursery room and banging popped nails deeper into the wall, I noticed the ceiling light was flickering every time I hit the wall along this one stud only. Stud finder, that also detects electrical presence, shows electricity only near the bottom at approximately "outlet level".

Upon opening the wall I find an outlet box that the rockers have walled over and forgotten about. Nobody found it sooner because every circuit in this 16 year old house worked perfectly. Whoever shoved the wires back in the box managed to end up with both black (hot) wires touching each other and nothing else, and both white (neutral) wires touching the ground conductor, hence completing the flow of electricity from the feed to the out feed, however poorly.

After seeing this, and reading previous posts where EC's were complaining about rockers, I felt I had to pass it on. The wife's comments . . . "Oh, I always wanted an outlet there." Luckily, nothing of any major current draw was ever plugged into any outlets downstream. I was running a 14 amp air compressor in the same room, but it's outlet was on another circuit (again, thank God).

-- Mean Gene