can someone point me to a switch that can be used for two appliances? not sure if this is ok or not ---- but i wanted to take an existing circuit switch leg flexed into the garbage disposal and flex it into a j-box to use it for both a disposal and a 120v instant hot water heater --- so i'd blank and abandon the wall switch and run the old switch leg black, white, and egc as the 120v circuit to be shared from the j-box, then go from the j-box to a cabinet front double throw switch {????) and take the switch leg back into the disposal, and another into the instant h.w.heater------ so that when the switch is to the left the disposal operates, and when it's to the right then the h.w.heater operates, which would obviously be the normal position except for the rare occasions that the disposal is needed.

i think the double throw switch isn't the right term [they open/close 2 legs like 240 or 277, or 2 motors together, right?], and i'm not sure if there's any code problem here...... probably something obvious huh? never claimed to be smart [Linked Image]