Can someone shed some light on this issue?
I have an Italian CNC machine that is setup for 240 volts 3 phase. We brought 480 to it and stepped it down to 240volts . no problem there. When the power to the machine is turned on the controller is energized.
What, if anything could happen if someone shuts down the machine with the transformer disconnect and not the machine disconnect and then restarts it the same way?
I am not totally familiar with transformer inrush current and the like. But could energizing it this way negatively affect the controller somehow?
The reason I'm asking is because we are having sporadic CNC controller malfunctions and I just realized one of the operators shuts down and restarts the machine this way.
We have had no problems with the machine since we installed it new 4 years ago till several months ago which coincides with the approximate time this new operater was employed.
We have installed three new CNC controllers and they all eventually started acting up the same way as the previous ones did. We have pretty much exhausted all possibilities and everything points to the controller. But is something affecting the CNC controller?
Any Ideas would be appreciated. I will furnish you with any additional info you would like.