[Linked Image]
When I first started here as the facility supervisor, the electrical situation was a little scary to say the least. One of the first things that I had to do was institute color coding of the wires. I also gave them all plum bobs by tying a 1/2" nut on the end of a string, but that is a different story. The worst example of color coding was a 3 phase breaker that had three white wires running from it (The wiring was replaced years ago!). This example was saved by the new maintenance crew to show examples of the past crews work. These boxes were on the ceiling and cord was run down to three pumps. I want to make it clear that this was installed before I started here but I can remember how proud the guy was to point out to me that he had used BOY for 480 volts. It is kind of hard to see in the picture, and it kind of got messed up when we pulled it out, but he had run all three brown wires to one pump, all three orange wires to another pump and all three yellow wires to the last pump.

I have to tell you I really like this site. It is good to see people that really take pride in their work. We now have a guy here who used to work for a contractor who also takes pride in his work. It really helps out someone like me. Ask him to do a job and he does it right and it looks good. I don't have to check that his drops are straight or that he is using the right color of wire.

Scott Schneider (Scotts)