[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
This is what I found when responding to a complaint from a homeowner, they called this electrician to repair a bad service cable outside, they were told the cost would be about 500.00 when the electrician went to change it he told them the meter socket was rusting and needed to be replaced, the cost an additional 1,200.00 (approx)

When they got it in with the power still off , they wanted the balance or they would not turn the power back on !!!! after they paid the power was put back on ,,, now I was called to this after that and saw this and heard what they did , this was a month after.

can ya count the violations????
1,,,they can't collect their money that way ( a civil matter)
2,,,the price is out of this world (a civil matter)
3 ,,,how old does that meter socket look?? no supply house i know carries this anymore
4,,,you can't see but each floor (3) has an elec dryer and range (they ran a #2 se to feed all 3 floors)
5,,,you see the black wire coming from the panel on the right and going down to the floor, that's the ground to the rod (here it's 2 rods min 6' apart min )
6,,,Jumpers are NOT ALLOWED in meter sockets (Elec Co policy)
7,,,cross metering (wires going from one panel to the other, 2nd to 1st)
8,,,don't you just love the way they bonded those panels
9,,,if you can look up close to meter #2 those wires are right up against the lug and they feed # 3 meter
10,,,they broke the meter for the 2nd fl
11,,,and we surely admire the way they clean up

End result of this is the owner's have a whole brand new service complete with meters outside ,home owners meter and panel , sized properly , grounded properly, but they will still be facing a law suit from the owners

I really wish i could post the names of these guys in the paper, this is not the only time I have responded to a complaint on the same Co , I have a fat folder on them with many violations of all kinds , I will be meeting with the state on weds , don't expect they will be in business for long after that.

Hey,,,, EScott YOU know these guys !!!! LOL

JM - HIGHVOLTAGE