hey ranger [Linked Image]

haven't been here for a while, and my favourite topic is hot again.
I believe the Screw/Pigtail system was discounted because it's not possible to make it protected of touching with your fingers. There are still some VERY cheap on-wall receptacles around in diy stores, that have screws and a square nut in an "U" shaped sheet, where you lay the wire in. They're junk, the sheet is too soft and widens when fixing the screw, the wire can jump out.

I have seen brass springs on connectors of very cheap 10A Light switches here, but not on Receptacles.

A very big & HiQ manufactor of receptacles, Busch&Jaeger, use spring contacts made by wago. Btw still not seen a molten wago yet [Linked Image]

I've bought a few receptacles on my US vacation in may, I tried to remove a wire with pushing the metal release lever down, the wire came out but the (brass?) lever stayed in the "pushed" position smirk.
Busch&Jaeger Parts have plastic Levers pushing the Spring to remove a wire, it works just fine.

Wagos for junction boxes are suitable for rigid-stranded conductors as it says on the box, but even I believe that's not a good way. Solid for regular push-wagos, nothing else. I use only the see-through ones, i don't know where the wire's at with the gray ones.

The new wago 222 series have levers for every connection and can grab stranded wires fine. But they're rather big.

[This message has been edited by :andy: (edited 07-31-2005).]