utility's service lateral lands in a remote ct-can where there wasn't room to put the service equipment. the gc lands on a lug with the gc going out to the service enclosure with the main disconnect. we put a supplementary ge at the ct-can [ct-can is not the service equipment, 230.66, i assume applies to ct-cans as well]. the ct-can is bonded to the gc's and to the ge, 250.92.
the gc from the ct-can to the service gc lug will act as the bonding conductor between ge's. it was suggested to me that the ge bond between this supplementary ge and the service ge had to be exterior from ge to ge and not by using the gc from the ct-can to the service. i'm sticking with my gc/ge bond unless someone tells me why i can't to it this way.
another question is if you can consider this a supplemental ge vs supplementary, and use it as the 2nd ge? didn't need to here, but i'm not sure why it couldn't be used. the ge's are tied together with the same idea of putting all the metal equipment at the same potential with a low impedance ground fault path, that seems to me to be improved here.