Bob, I live in a world of fascist Inspectors, and if the are given the opprotunity to have you open the whole thing, you can bet they will! They see white on a breaker, they want to see every box. Not that I have anything to hide, but the fewer questions they have, the easier my life is. And a few, although allowed in the code, will want the whole conductor perminantly marked, all the way to the sheath, and for the phase that its on in existing installs. And for new install SF has an addendem to the code.
210-5(c). Add the following new section:

(c)Ungrounded Conductors. Underground conductor insulation shall be color coded as follows:

(1)One-hundred-twenty/two-hundred-forty-volt 3-wire circuits - “A” phase black, “B” phase red; 120/208 volt 4-wire 3-phase wye circuits - “A” phase black, “B” phase red, “C” phase blue; 120/240 volt 3-phase delta circuits - “A” phase black, “B” (high leg) phase purple, “C” phase red; 277/480 volt 4-wire 3-phase wye circuits - “A” phase brown, “B” phase orange, “C” phase yellow.

(2)Conductors for switch legs may be of a different color than the phase conductor other than green, white or gray when suitably identified at pull, junction and outlet boxes with marking tape, tagging or other equally effective means.

(3)Conductor insulation shall contain the applicable color pigment for circuit wire #14 AWG through #10 AWG. Ungrounded conductors #8 AWG and larger and ungrounded conductors of any size in cable assemblies may be pigmented colors other than green, white or gray, provided they are suitably identified at pull, junction and outlet boxes with marking tape, tagging or other equally effective means.

(FPN): See Section 200-7 for limitations on the use of white and natural gray colors.

Exception: Extensions of existing non-color-coded wiring systems need not be color coded.
They way they read thier own code in that #3 area is that 14 - 10 must be in the isulation color, no re-identification, and #8 and larger can be re-identified if any color other than wite or green. So yep, I do have a neutral there with 240/220 2-wire, like it or not, in any cable based new, or remodel. And if they see wire nuts.... You'll end up in the "panel as a J-box debate"! One you may win, but have a hard time doing. Like anywhere else, it is not so much playing by the rules, but not having the rules in question, makes for an easier game.

Anyway, Jwww, nice work, and a definate improvement on the prior install, or what was left of the original install.

Many people are weary of showing there own work sometimes, and I do not think rightfully so. What I can do, you may not be able to do, and vise versa. Just by standard practice in different areas of the country. But I think it is important to see them, as it is a learning experiance for all. Something I really like about this site. I have seen things I could not even fathom of doing, or get away with, that are perfectly acceptable in other places. And, I'm sure if some other guys saw some of my work, they'd be like: "You can not do that!"

Anyway...........

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason