I have a question for those of you (Pauluk) that have a background in the higher frequency (Pauluk) side of electricity. (I am hinting to Paul but I am sure there are others of you that have a great deal of knowledge in this area!)
The situation is this. A broadcast studio. We are installing a ground reference designed for high frequency ground rejection in the MegaHZ range produced by digital television broadcast equipment. The installation requirements are not an issue as I have done this on a previous job for the same client in an even larger scale.
The grounding scheme goes like this. Around the exterior of the building we sink 6 Linconite XIT 2" diameter chemical copper ground rods with bentonite and "Gem" back fill. Four at the corners and two mid span of the longest sides. We connect all the rods together with .02 thick 12" wide copper strap SILVER SOLDERED and bolted at the rods and at each splice. Then we t tap the 12" strap and run it into the rack room where it runs to all the rows of equipment racks. Each rack contains a copper ground bus that a 2" wide .02" thick strap is SILVER soldered and bolted to and spliced to the 12" strap. All the equipment in the racks is fed with an equipment grounding conductor to the power supply per article 250. The ground bus is simply a reference for high frequency noise. The intent of the copper strap verses copper wire is to obtain more surface area for high frequencies to flow. We bond this grid at one point per the NEC.(Although I am not sure if that is required anymore due to the nature of the system?)
My question is, Does this sound like a ridiculous over kill or is this something that is truly needed for this type of equipment? I don't know a lot about the nature of the equipment so I really cant tell if this is good engineering or just a waste of time and money.