ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2 Images
A
NH Ice storm damage - Loudon NH

Before and after pics of relatives home near Loudon NH
7 Comments
Administrator
What a shame, those were nice looking trees. frown

I have family up and around Greenville / New Ipswich / Wilton area. I expect they have similar scenes. I hope to get some pics from them as soon as they get electricity back.

Bill

L
WEB, I hear NewIpswich and the area could be out until Jan 5.

Administrator
Originally Posted by leland
WEB, I hear NewIpswich and the area could be out until Jan 5.
Geez, I hope not...

They're a little closer to Greenville town, which does have some power, so maybe there's hope.

Been trying to call them tonight, no answering machine, so I guess they're still out.

Bill

S
we still have area's out here, there's linemen from as far as penn. helping us. One road alone in my town had 10 broken poles.

i guess i'll be doing a lotta genny hookups soon.....

hey, aren't all the talking heads suppose to get on their soapboxes and blame each other for the failied infastructure....yadda yadda...?

just asking....

~S~

Steve,
that was what it was like here in the big snow of 2005, we had Lineys and bucket trucks from all parts of the country here.
Working in mud and slush and low temperatures, long hours, very few breaks.
You find out just how good your network actually is when a storm like this occurs, ours failed miserably.

But, when you get a bunch of Line Mechanics together, we did have some interesting "cook-ups", new cooking appliances were invented on the spot, you only need a welder, some steel and a 44 gallon drum, half an hour later we had hot soup on tap or hot burgers by the dozen, from the same drum.

Necessity is the mother of invention

S
well the lineys here have been flat out, they do this caravan thing where there's 4 or more trucks from various companies going from town to town Trumpy

and i can't believe the weather they've been out in..... say what you will about the poco on the nice days, these boys are earning it big time on the bad ones...

~S~

Originally Posted by sparky
well the lineys here have been flat out, they do this caravan thing where there's 4 or more trucks from various companies going from town to town Trumpy

and i can't believe the weather they've been out in..... say what you will about the poco on the nice days, these boys are earning it big time on the bad ones...

~S~

Don't for a second think that the guys over here were living it up in Club Med, any break they did get was well earned.

Link Copied to Clipboard