ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#182728 12/08/08 02:00 AM
2 Images
Outlets in the park

These are in a gazebo at a local park here in Backwardsfield..... flukestick shows the line side of the fuseholder sockets hot...

Randy
4 Comments
Cat Servant
Sad, but I'm not surprised.

RV internet sites are filled with all manner of 'helpful advice' that claims to let the RV occupant get more power from the pedestal than was intended.

This 'power shortage' is the result of RV's becoming rolling pleasure palaces, with every amenity of a regular home ... including air conditioning and hot-tubs. Many parks, alas, were designed back when 30 amps of 120 was more than enough for even the largest camper.

As a result, more RV owners are opening up the pedestals and playing around.

Then there is the common assumption that GFCI trips are the fault of ... the GFCI. Folks are slow to admit that maybe there's a problem somewhere in their trailer, that the GFCI might be doing its' job.

That's probably what happened here ... someon replaced / bypassed the receptacle - and were far less caring when the time came to move on.

P
Originally Posted by renosteinke
Many parks, alas, were designed back when 30 amps of 120 was more than enough for even the largest camper.

Still the standard amount of power for camper hookups over here, even on new sites -- Except ours is supplied as 16A @ 240V.

Who said anything about RV parks?

If I read it right, I understand that it's in a Gazebo, in a city or county park.

Cat Servant
I stand corrected ... there it is, hiding in plain sight!

I just saw the pic, and a recent visit to an RV park ... well, you can guess the rest.

It's a safe bet that the pedestal was in better shape when it left the factory. I suspect somone was up to some 'cleverness' and didn't clean up their mess after they were done.

Link Copied to Clipboard