Here is the present 2008 Revision Cycle Information:
Proposal Closing Date:
Report on Proposals (ROP) Date:
Comment Closing Date:
Report on Comments (ROC) Mailing Date: 2/23/2007
Revised Edition Date: 2007
1. Get rid of the words "sufficient" and "adequate" throughout the NEC, they violate the NEC Style Manual
2. Put all FPN's in a separate ANNEX. Not enforceable anyway
3. Change the term "Grounding" and "Grounding Methods" in most Titles of Parts to "Grounding and Bonding Methods", etc., to catch up with the new Article 250 Title
4. Change the word "unless" to except throughout the NEC.
5. Put all Residential requirements in a separate Article, like Article 212.
6. Change NM, NMC, and NMS to NM-B, NMC-B, and NMS-B everywhere in the NEC, currently this is the correct way these products are identified.
7. Add 70E for "Electrical Safety in the Workplace" as a NEW Article in the NEC entirely!
I am willing to go anywhere to sit with any group to discuss these and other items that have been suggested in the past, let me know.
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant