ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, ampherder), 267 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
How do you guys run the wires to a recessed outlet in the cab? Wires must be physically protected. What kind of wire do you run RX or BX. What method do you use to run or protect the wire going through the subfloor?

When feeding Small appliances like dish washers, wine coolers, & etc. do you run RX and protect the wire using pvc conduit sleeve?

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

G
I like MC for this. A nice compromise without a lot of extra expense or labor.

Greg Fretwell
H
We run a sleeve of PVC conduit on the inside of the cabinet and romex. The wire going thru the subfloor is inside the wall and we don't do anything to it

B
I had a customer that wanted an incandescent above the sink. I used a Carlon blue plastic 4/0 cut in box, drilled a 7/8 hole in it and sleeved the romex with a piece of smurf fastened to the box with a smurf connector. I know drilling the box was probably voiding the listing, but he inspector didnt have a problem with it.

E
I usually use a pvc sleeve. Based on what I have seen I think we are in the minority. Most guys seem to just run the romex through the cabinet. Big B, I have no idea what you are describing. Why didn't you just fish in a peice of romex?

S
We set a 4 square box on the bottom of the cabinet where the Rx comes in and then transisition to MC to run out to all of the plugs.

J
Thanks for the replys, I always like to get ideas of how other workers in my trade like to do things. I usually try to put a piece of PVC in through the floor then just use Romex but now people are steering my to box over to bx once I get in the cabinets.

B
Scott, the romex was already there, hanging out of the wall, this was a remodel. I just used the blue flexible NMC to an old work box so there was no exposed romex in the cabinet. With MC I'd need a j box for the transition then how would I commect the MC to a 4.0 old work box, they are all plastic.

Link Copied to Clipboard