ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88539 - 06/22/04 05:39 AM Pool motor disconnect?
Reel-Break Offline
Loc: nc
Pool man says disconnect not required in 680 for pools...timer and switch meet requirements...but they can`t be locked in the open position.Now I haven`t done a pool before and didn`t see in 680 the requirement but I`m sure 430 would apply for a motor.I put the disconnect.Like I said if home owner not home you can kill power to timer,switch and motor for service.He says sounds great but not required.So I`m hoping to convince him.
PS they sure are proud of those bonding clamps ouch $$$$.
2017 / 2014 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#88540 - 06/22/04 08:50 AM Re: Pool motor disconnect?
Reel-Break Offline
Loc: nc
Sorry I was tired this am I found the reference to the disconnect 680.12.Its tuff sometimes when someone says show me and you don`t have the code book handy.But he seriously said he`s put pools in all over and I`m the first to put a disconnect.I find that hard to beleive.Unless the inspectors are thinking the switch after the timer is suffiecient or the timer itself?
#88541 - 06/22/04 06:47 PM Re: Pool motor disconnect?
OreElect Offline
Loc: Salem,Oregon.USA
Sounds familiar. Poolman,roofing technicians ,sheetrock technicians,I get lessons from them all the time. What would we do with out them?

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals