I am Dan Neeser with Cooper Bussmann and have been requested to participate in the forum discussion on topics regarding overcurrent protection.
Just so you guys know my background, I have been involved in training our customers on all overcurrent protection topics for the past five years with Bussmann. I have conducted numberous Overcurrent Protection Seminars from coast to coast and been active in IEEE, IAEI, NJATC, NECA, IBEW, and NFPA. Prior to coming to work for Bussmann I was a Sales Engineer for Westinghouse/Cutler-Hammer, so I can address switchgear and circuit breaker questions as well.
Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, either through the forum (which I check periodically) or via email (which I check daily).
In addition, I have listed some areas on our website, www.bussmann.com
that may be of interest:
From the Home Page,
- Go to Application Info, then Pubs and Articles
1) 2002 NEC Code Changes
2) NE02 - 2002 NEC Requirements for Overcurrent protection (also for NE99)
3) SPD - Selecting Protective Devices (all you need to know about overcurrent protection)
4) Series Rated Combinations (Info and Charts)
5) EPR-1 - Electrical Plan Review (Short-circuits, caculations, interrupting rating etc.)
6) Tech Spec and Tech Talk - Technical Newsletters on overcurrent protection
- Go to Services, then go to On-line training
1) 2002 Code Changes presentations with script (some narrated)
2) Overcurrent Protection Topics and training presentations with script.
- Go to Services, then Safety Basics
(Electrical Safety Info)
- Go to Product Info, then catalogs
1) under products, look at the Power Module if you need a fusible shunt trip switch for elevator installations which require shunt-tripping.
Again, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
(Some Direct Links added by Webmaster)
[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 03-29-2002).]