ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#781 03/11/01 06:28 PM
Z
Zapman Offline OP
I came across this, just a bunch of whooey? or a possible breakthrough?

Magnetic-Electric Device

#782 03/11/01 07:46 PM
S
A few years after the oil crisis in the mid 70's , a friend showed me a bootleg magazine of carberator patents bought out by oil companies.

so if Austrailia starts to sink.... it's a keeper!

[Linked Image]

#783 03/11/01 08:05 PM
Broom Pusher and
It's possible. This appears to me as a generating device that uses Superconductor theory, which has been the object of the most interesting and the absolute best method of power generation that we could ever use!

The story doesn't really explain enough about this device, so I am unclear to how they generate the power.

The story hints towards Superconductive theory, where it states some facts towards the magnets used. That's where I can see superconductor action - at the Electromagnets.

If this device doesn't use a superconductive principle, I have no clue if it would produce any more power than what is needed to keep the generator running [that's possible with any generator to a limit].

When the story said "The generator just needs to be Kick Started from a Battery", this sure is going in the superconductor direction!
That's how one would get that type of motor generator started. Once it's running at full speed, the Battery could be disconnected and the motor will continue to turn the generator.
Connect the Battery once again to the motor, and you can power external loads from the generator. When a steady load is connected, the Battery could once again be disconnected and the motor will continue to drive the generator - producing the power that runs the motor and the power in the external load.

Battery does not need to be disconnected, and really should remain connected, in order to supply the temporary level of charge needed when a load varies. Other than that, the Battery will not have a draw from it, and may be charged back to capacity.

The theory behind all of this is not easy to achieve at temperatures above absolute zero [0 degrees Kelvin, or -450 degrees F].
The need to discover/invent a room temperature superconductor is the only thing holding this theory back!!

If possible to achieve room temperature superconductivity, there would be no resistance to the current flow within a circuit - this would include the generating device, the conductors and the load. Electrons would flow in a straight line, one behind the other, throughout the entire circuit. This would make the current flow non stop once it got started, so it only needs to be temporarily "Jump Started", then flows by it's self without continuous input energy.
Kind of like an Electron syphoning hose [Linked Image]

Normal current bounces all around in the generating device's coils, in the conductor and in the load - due to the Electrons hitting impurities. When this happens, they lose energy to the impurity and need energy to place them back in order.
This keeps the current flow below light speed [300,000 KM/second]. This also keeps the current from flowing in a straight line and working like a "syphon hose" [Linked Image]

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Link Copied to Clipboard