ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7774 - 02/21/02 02:54 PM Electrical Software
jastubbs Offline
Loc: Laredo MO. U.S.A.
I need some software to make oneline diagrams,and schematics.All I have been able to find are exspensive and contain alot of stuff I don't need
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#7775 - 02/22/02 02:20 AM Re: Electrical Software
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and
Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
Here's a Potporri of suggested Applications:

• Visio (medium to high priced, but very powerful and easy to use),
  • TurboCAD / TurboSketch (low to medium priced, very user freindly and powerful for the low price),
  • Graphics Applications (such as Paintshop, Photoshop, etc.) which allows the use of multiple layers and importing (OLE or copy/paste) of "Clipart" or other elements.

The higher end items would be a Professional CAD Application - such as AutoCAD [LT or full version], or Schematic Applications which use PSPICE - such as Circuit Maker, etc.
These applications begin at around $300.00

After you work with any CAD / Graphics app around 6 months, you will begin to really want the "Extra" stuff that accompanies Pro apps. These include multiple file formats, abilities to work with external applications, and also the creation of Macros [Scripts] to make the redundant work somewhat "Automatically done".

Good luck.

Scott SET
#7776 - 02/22/02 06:31 PM Re: Electrical Software
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not entirely sure what your use of the software is, but there is an electonics/electrical program by the name of PSPICE that has a free demo with all working features available for download or you can request a CD. Its more geared toward the electronics industry, but I have been told there are electrical downloads for it. Below is the link to the site.
http://www.orcad.com/Product/Simulation/PSpice/eval.asp

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals