Did you see the story on MSNBC about this Perdue accident?
What appeared to happen was a student, was trying to get into a dorm he didn't have a key for and he was taking a shortcut through a transformer room that had doors to the inside and outside.
Whether he found this door open by accident, had a broken lock, he jimmied it open or it was blocked open is still under investigation.
It is reported that there was no lights on in the room and the switch was at the door on the other end only (entrance from the building side).
Stumbling around in the dark he came in contact with the secondary hub and died instantly.
Sure makes a case for occupancy sensor lighting in these rooms and maybe even a door alarm on equipment rooms in places with kids.
I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that kids were taking a shortcut through there to catch a cigarette. Coming from the inside you could turn the light on.