ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#737 - 03/07/01 06:04 PM Conduit bending instruction?
Larry M Offline
Does anyone know where I could get some instructional tapes or books? Thank you for the help
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#738 - 03/07/01 07:25 PM Re: Conduit bending instruction?
Bill Addiss Offline
Loc: NY, USA
#739 - 03/07/01 08:59 PM Re: Conduit bending instruction?
stingray Offline
Loc: Loomis, California, USA
Hi Larry. The Apprenticeship in our local uses " ELECTRICIANS GUIDE TO CONDUIT BENDING"
by Richard A. Cox. The book is ok but one thing about conduit bending is you need practice and experience. There are many different brands and types of benders, and whether its EMT, IMC or Rigid and even brands of pipe can make a difference. If your just running 1/2 inch EMT in the wall or making concentric bends with 3 inch rigid will make a big difference in time and precision. I as well as many others started with a bundle of 1/2 inch EMT and started bending. My first real experience on the job I was given a
1-1/4 inch hand bender and a 100 feet of 1-1/4 EMT. It was in a hospital and there wasn't much room, at the end of the day I had a good size bone pile.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals