ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71379 - 10/27/06 05:58 PM Battery Powered Crimper
ToHo Offline
Loc: N.Y.
I'm thinking of investing in a battery powered crimper.I've looked at the Greenlee Gator and similar type crimpers. My question is about what type of Die and crimper set up I should purchase. I do alot of residential services (overhead). I'm a little confused on the right type of crimp I would use for the overhead services. Typically a 4/0 spliced to the pocos smaller sized lateral. I thinks its a #2. All conductors are Aluminum. So basically, I just want to make sure I purchase the right tool for the job.Any help as always is greatly appreciated.... Thanks ToHo
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#71380 - 10/27/06 06:37 PM Re: Battery Powered Crimper
Dnkldorf Offline
Loc: nowhere usa
If you get the gator, use blackburn h-taps for the taps, and get the h-tap adapter for the crimper.

But if all you do is resi service taps, why not just get a manual h-tap crimper.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (gfretwell), 95 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals