Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Recent Posts
Industrail Control Panel bonding per 409.108
by sparkyinak
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by aussie240
12/07/16 02:39 AM
Photo Upload Tutorial
by DanK
12/06/16 11:35 PM
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
On Delay Relay with Auto Reset
by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 13
HotLine1 10
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 8
Potseal 6
Who's Online
1 registered (mbhydro), 228 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68810 - 08/16/06 06:02 PM Outdoor load center
sprynda Offline

Loc: Cresco, pa usa
Hello to all,
i wanted to know if anyone has used an outside load center before. I have a home that i am upgrading an old 100 amp service to a 200 amp service. The problem i have is where the old panel is located. it is in a laundry room/ closet. I do not have the 30" clearence that i need also the water line, sewage line, and hot water heater are all located under the panel. The inspector recommended that i install an outside weather proff panel then splice all the circuits inside the closet.( Model: HOM30M200RB) Or i can install a disconnect and relocate the panel all together; however, my options are limited.
thanks for any input
sam

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#68811 - 08/16/06 06:53 PM Re: Outdoor load center
Megawatt Offline

Loc: Lexington,Ky, USA
I would try to find a location inside the home, & avoid mounting it outside if possible.
I've never seen one that hasn't started to show the effects of the weather in a few years.
Moisture will corrode the terminations, & cause problems a lot sooner than if it's installed inside.
It sounds like all circuits will have to be spliced, either way, so I would find an enterior wall, & install the panel there.

#68812 - 08/17/06 02:53 AM Re: Outdoor load center
macmikeman Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hold up. Put it on the exterior, glue your nameplate to it so you get called to return in a half dozen years to replace it again at future rates. That is what the people who made my Chevy Express van figured out when they slapped it together.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals