Now Available!

Recent Posts
Correct rotation, wrong sequence
by Potseal
Today at 03:14 PM
Industrail Control Panel bonding per 409.108
by sparkyinak
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by aussie240
12/07/16 02:39 AM
Photo Upload Tutorial
by DanK
12/06/16 11:35 PM
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 11
HotLine1 10
Potseal 9
sparkyinak 8
Texas_Ranger 7
Who's Online
0 registered (), 218 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68068 - 07/27/06 07:06 PM Wish I would've had my camera
BigB Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Went to a call on a sign out at a privately owned airport lot. They said 1/2 the sign was out. When I got there I noticed two of those yellow Home Center halogen work lights on the ground on either side of the sign, placed to illuminate a canvas banner tied to the top half of the sign advertising their special rate. When I got closer I noticed a white lampcord emerging from the access compartment, draped down to the ground. It's ends were stripped and each lead wrapped around one prong of a plug in multitap which fed both halogen work lights! It was just laying there on the sidewalk! There was a scrap of duct tape which had mostly fallen off, leaving the blades exposed!
Just couldn't believe it, had to rant to someone! I removed the cord and told them to get someone else to work on their sign.

This is the same lot where last year I found a male cordcap hanging from the fluorescent light fixture with Christmas lights plugged into it, backwards! At the end of the run was a live male cordcap.

Like I said I wish I had a camera.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#68069 - 07/28/06 03:58 AM Re: Wish I would've had my camera
Texas_Ranger Offline

Loc: Vienna, Austria
A week ago I stumbled over a guy who had built his own stage lighting control box... basically a wooden box with a lot of switches and outlets. The scary thing was the feed... he put in a receptacle and made up a cord with two male plugs... 230V to ground, since that happened in Europe...

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals