ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#62554 02/19/06 09:57 AM
C
CRW Offline OP
After reading the thread about pipe bending multipliers, and the links to Ideal and Greenlee hand benders, I went over to the Greenlee website for the first time in 6 months or so. Previously I had searched for manuals and info for their various benders and pullers, and sometimes they had some, other times the site didn't have much info.

Well, now if you go to www.greenlee.textron.com and click on "Instruction Manuals" on the left side menu they have a real good search engine. Enter any keyword like "bender" or "puller" or "tugger"---the more specific the better---and they have all the manuals in pdf form. This includes a lot of really good bending info and charts for all their bigger benders like the 555, Smart bender, 881 etc. All the info about the various tuggers is also very useful with sections about the principles of cable pulling, how to properly set a large pull, using additional sheaves, etc.

Most of this info is usually available when you first get a new piece of equipment, but we all know how easily it is lost on the job or at the shop. Sometimes it can be real difficult just to assemble a complicated bender or tugger for the first time if you've never used it, often the instructions or even all the parts don't make it to the job. Check it out.

#62555 02/19/06 10:11 AM
I
Thanks, I just downloaded a 881CT Cam Track
Hydraulic Bender and 1813 Bending Table manual.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#62556 02/19/06 10:50 AM
R
CRW, your right. The Greenlee site is great for getting info on tools. Before we start a new job where we will have to use one of our hydraulic benders I download a copy of the manual and place it inside the box. After the job the manual is basically destroyed or missing so getting a new one is really easy.

#62557 02/19/06 12:15 PM
M
Thanks, now I have backup manuals for my 777 bender and my 555. By the way, the manual for my 555 pdf version that I downloaded has a whole lot more bending tables and info than the one that came with the rig, so even better. Thanks again.

#62558 02/19/06 02:42 PM
F
That's a handy piece of info. I just bought a Greenlee 591 Mighty Mouse from a company in S.C. that sells reconditioned equipment and I wanted a manual with a parts list for it. BTW, this company has a lot of good recond stuff for about 1/2 the cost of new. If anyone is interested they can PM me for contact info. I am not connected with this company in any way other than as a satisied customer.

Link Copied to Clipboard