ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
Im opening this question to hear about any interesting events that the good people on here may have had. Momnets that have been funny and moments that have been terrifying - you know the ones the ones that you walked away from and felt that you had learned alot.

I knew an Aussie lass that was an engineer and she used to go on about who let the smoke out, it seemed a pretty good expression and was to the point and funny so in that vein.....

Rugged

I
Aah yes, don't let the smoke out. All electrical and electronic equipment runs on smoke and the object is not to let the smoke escape. Otherwise the equipment no longer works correctly. If you let enough smoke out the equipment won't work at all. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by IanR (edited 08-08-2005).]

R
I once had a Sales Engineer make me move the text on a drawing up because it was too close to the line and it "looked like it would short to ground."

After I got over being dumbfounded I moved the text.

E
e57 Offline
Yuo all know the really friendly type of people, who always put thier hand on your shoulder when they talk to you....

Anyway, a GC had a kinda new PM who would always try to give you (Physically) a pat on the back, or touch you when he talked to you. It bothered some of my guys, and I had to have a discussion with him about it. "You're creeping some of my guys out, you're always so touchy feely..."

(Some of you are not going to find this funny. Some might.)

A few days later, I am working in a 6' 208 cabinet on LIVE busswork. This moron, walks up behind me, puts his hand on my sweaty back and says, "Hi, Mark..." then puts his other hand on the cabinet. YEOW! And falls on the floor next to me. (I'm pissed because I got a bit of it too, and he could have killed us both.) I scream, "I told you, never touch the electricians!"

He was fine, and I had to explain to him what he just did by completing the circuit to ground, and he never touched me, or any of my guys again.

Years later he doesn't even shake my hand.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

Link Copied to Clipboard