ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54321 - 07/25/05 04:13 PM some silly electrician
up n comin sparky Offline
Loc: United Kingdon
im in the process of renovating a chip shop. im not actually doing the electrics at the moment but i am about to take the job on if it comes to it. The electrician on the job has put both a lighting circuit and a power/socket circuit in the same 32Amp MCB. ive have told him that is wrong and dangerous - but he persists that it is correct. Can anybody verify my opinion? If I am correct, which I am sure I am, what is my next step? shall i take the job and change the problem? Shall I notify the NEC as this electrician is supposed to be a tester and issue certificates? Or should I leave him to it which is a danger to those using the appliances? I would like alot of feedback please because I will be using these replies in a site meeting to try and correct the problem.

Thanks
Adam
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#54322 - 07/25/05 04:36 PM Re: some silly electrician
Trumpy Offline

Loc: SI,New Zealand
Hi Adam,
Welcome to ECN!,
Quote:
The electrician on the job has put both a lighting circuit and a power/socket circuit in the same 32Amp MCB. ive have told him that is wrong and dangerous - but he persists that it is correct.

Boy is that guy gonna come back down to earth with a thud!!.
I'm assuming that this is a Ring circuit that you are referring to, for the power sockets?.
#54323 - 07/25/05 04:52 PM Re: some silly electrician
Roger Offline
Loc: N.C.
Adam, welcome to the forum.

I don't think the NEC would have any bearing on your dilemma, I think this would be better addressed by some of the UK members so I'm going to move your topic the the Non-US Electrical Systems & Trades area click the link below to follow your topic

http://electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000837.html

BTW, Trumpy may be right.

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 07-25-2005).]

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals