ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54270 - 07/23/05 07:36 AM bidding help?
NJI Offline
Loc: Oneonta, NY USA
Hello, I would like to ask for some information from you all. I am relativly new to the industry and primarily do res and light commercial. I have an option to wire a new home upwards of 8500 sq feet. Most everything around here these days is 1/3 of that. just wondering if most of you bid based on a sq foot formula or try to get a speced out fixture list? or go with something like wall hole and ceiling holes plus fixtures as the customer specs them. I would really like to be competative in this but need a little advice on the bidding. don't want ot find out that i got the job yet was missing the last bid by 12k. thanks
I have worked as an apprentice and on to a journeyman in a general construction company. 90% of what I do is residential. I have an associats degree in electrical technology. I have started my own buisness this year and am with out the help of other electricians. this is why i find this site so helpful.
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#54271 - 07/23/05 08:21 AM Re: bidding help?
Roger Offline
Loc: N.C.
NJI, welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread into the "Business Related Discussion" area, you can follow it by clicking here

Roger

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (HotLine1, KrmtFrg), 55 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals