Cool, Adam. That is known as a Golden Birthday - when you turn the age of the number of the date - 4 on the 4th.
Make it an extra special day with a red plate and have everyone else's plate be a white, for example. I can't remember where the tradition comes from but I think it's pretty neat.
Also, your son shares the birthday with:
- Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the U.S.
- Rube Goldberg (how cool is this??!!)
- Twins Ann Landers and Abigail Van Buren (Dear Abby)
- Actors/Actresses George Murphy, Eve Marie Saint, Gina Lollobrigida, Gloria Stuart
- recording artist & music industry exec Mitch Miller
- playwright Neil Simon
- George Steinbrenner, of NY Yankee fame
Sounds like they are in good company with your son in the mix!