ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#5223 11/09/01 10:47 AM
Scott35 Online Happy OP
Broom Pusher and
Hi all,

I haven't been browsing the forum in a few days, nor have I been able to receive all my E-Mail - all due to...??? [Linked Image]

My wife's workstation [PC] was beyond snail speed, and the reference of P55C for it's CPU was leaning more towards "Poop" 55 "Cr**" as to the amount of faults, sluggish operation and all that jazz. So I decided to do a full reconfig on it with an additional hard disk as slave. This was on Thursday of last week [11/01].

Got her workstation running better than it ever has run!!! that's the good part!

Went to run AutoCAD on my workstation - bamo!!! Internal Error report! After agreeing with the dialog box that it's a bad thing [only have the "OK" button - not much of an argument can be made here], I get the dreaded "AutoCAD Cannot Continue And Will Be Shut Down" dialog box!!! This is the point of no return! Like after stepping off the cliff, then freefalling!
So I try a few workarounds just to boot AutoCAD up in a basic setup - no hope!

Get discouraged, so I go to my browser to hang out here. Click my premade link - up comes the "Cannot Find Server" dialog box!

Go to check my mail, up comes the "Cannot Find POP mailserver" dialog box!

Now I am Pi**ed!!!

Everything worked fine 1 hour before the AutoCAD crash!!! I had used all applications as usual.

So after endless attempts to force things into submission, my P5's normal speed became less than an 80286 trying to run windows 95!

Needless to say, my workstation entered the pending reconfig project lists!!

It's now up and running better than ever and the apps I installed this time are all that's going on these drives!!! [AKA no cr*p files!].

Next machine to reconfig: the File / Print server! [in case there's a rampant virus which I cannot locate with any virus scanner!].

That's what I have been up to lately!
Kind of like "When It Rains, It Pours" turned into "When It Rains, It's Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Hail and Snow Blizzards"

I don't know exactly what happened, but everything went haywire at once! [I think Siegfried from Kaos may have snuck in here and tweaked my LAN!].

Only good thing[s] from this headache: Backups and Archives of really important Data proved to be #1 stress releif! I can't imagine losing all my Data! [AKA straight jacket time!].

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Scott,

Welcome Back!

>>[I think Siegfried from Kaos may have snuck in here and tweaked my LAN!].<<

Maybe it's time to '86' some of that equipment! [Linked Image]

(Couldn't resist that one)

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
S
Scott,
grab a mit an git in the game... [Linked Image]

N
Welcome back Scott. I too have only been 'lurking' with an occasional quick post. I am in the process of rebuilding the engine in my truck. Of course these things always happen at the worst time possible.
AutoCAD has internally exploded on me a couple of times for no apparent reason. Other times critical files just seem to disappear. At least it tells you which one. :rolleys: I think I have to reload it about once every 6 months. BTW. I figured out how to export to a usable bitmap in 2000. The File/export function works just fine but I can't find a program that can read it. So, through muck searching I found you can use.... oh now I can't remember the command! [Linked Image] I'll have to search it out again and edit the post. (Must have been that last contact with 277V.) [Linked Image]
Now I have to go find that command.
See Ya!

Whew! Found it! That was close. A month and a half of searching only to .. hu oh. What was that again? Oh! saveimg. That’s the command. It opens a dialogue box that gives you a choice o a .BMP, .TGA or a .TIFF. It also gives you buttons to adjust the size of the image. From there Photoshop recognizes the .BMP for conversion to a GIF. Now I just need to learn how to post the image to the forum. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 11-09-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard