by Tjia1981
10/23/16 12:08 PM
Son of Sparky
by HotLine1
10/20/16 07:43 PM
Speaking of Plugmold ...
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:37 PM
Broken battery charger? Check for cobwebs!
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:30 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 14
HotLine1 7
ghost307 7
renosteinke 6
Potseal 4
Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51659 - 05/06/05 06:37 AM Omaha, NE
markdikeman Offline

My wife and I will be moving to the Omaha, NE area. I have been working as a carpenter for the last few years but have found the electrical work I have done to be both challenging and enjoyable. So I am expanding my job search to include openings for entry level residential electricians.

Although I am relatively inexperienced, I hope my attitude and eagerness can help make up for my level of experience. I have great references from my previous employers. I show up on time every day so you wont have to wonder about me. I have a great attitude and sense of humor so I'm easy to work with.

I would like to find an employer who will appreciate good, dependable help. Someone who realizes that wiring skills can be taught while responsibility and desire to learn cannot.

[This message has been edited by markdikeman (edited 05-06-2005).]

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#51660 - 05/08/05 05:45 PM Re: Omaha, NE
nesparky Offline

Loc: omaha,ne
Welcome to Omaha
I am an electrical contractor in Omaha NE. Right now the residential building is going at a good clip. But almost all of that type of work is in the good ole boy network and is a very lowball market. The contractor's margins a quite small. With no experience you will propably not get any job offers above 8-9/hr.
Personally not bieng a good ole boy member, I have yet to get a bid that I could make any money on.
The commercial market here is very cutthroat right now.. Last 23 bids came in for less than my material and labor cost.
And I have had 9 Journeymen and or 2+ yr apprentices looking for work. Do not have any for them right now.
It's a tough place to be right now for electricial work.
Omaha is a fine place and I prefer it to many other places I have been but right now the going is tough.

#51661 - 05/08/05 07:06 PM Re: Omaha, NE
markdikeman Offline

Thanks for your honest input. I will keep an eye open, but will concentrate on carpentry jobs. Sorry to here things are so cut-throat for both you and your guys.

Thanks again,

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals