ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#51125 04/23/05 08:08 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Sorry to be so far off topic on this one.
I'm just wondering if you guys actually take a cut lunch to work?.
I myself, I actually work way out in the country during the day, so a cut lunch is the only way that you can have it here.
Oddly enough we have a few Lines Apprentices that buy thier food on the way to work.
I was talking to one of them one day after he bought out this flash looking sandwich and a drink, I asked him how much it cost.
He told me "Only (NZ)$17 and I got a free coffee "
I've still to work out the logic on that one. [Linked Image]
But, the question is, what do you guys prefer out on the job?.
I make my own, at least I know what's in it!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-28-2005).]

I
Well, normally I don't eat a lunch because I'm on the run so much...but, when I do - I find that I'm ready for a nap afterwards. So, it's pretty much coffee and cigarettes and a few minutes sit down to keep me going for the rest of the afternoon.

John C. Harvey
IndCom Electrical Estimates
Cat Servant
I also tend to "munch" as I work, usually on stuff I pick up in the AM. Once in a while- usually while on a parts run- I'll drive through some burger joint. I never did really like the sit-down lunch- unless I want to clear my mind for the next xhallenge!

N
Im a variety guy and lunch is a must for me or i have zero tolerance for anything if im starving. Mostly italian, Chicken cutlet parm hero, Eggplant parm hero, sausage and peppers. Also, around us we have Deli's all over the place. (cold cut sandwitches, burgers, Etc.). It gets expensive but i GOTTA EAT.

H
Can't remember ever bringing my lunch. Depending on where we are there is at least one deli.

There is one that we frequent regularly, coffee and maybe a bun every morning then lunch if we are within "range", then sometimes coffee again on the way back in. We are such good customers that they make me a sandwich with a bottle of Snapple for $5.50 no matter what the sandwich is. With that price it doesn't pay to make your own.

-Hal

R
I eat way to much fast food for lunch and really hate it. I do brown bag leftovers at times and wonder why I don't do it more often.

Trumpy,
Oddly enough we have a few Lines Apprentices that buy thier food on the way to work.
that is just another example of how small the world is, we have a good number of guys who do the same thing. [Linked Image]

When I was in the field, nothing topped "electricians steak" sandwiches (potted meat and crackers) or a seafood lunch (sardines and crackers) [Linked Image]

Roger

D
Lunch?

What's that?

J
There's a canteen at the factory where I work, but I don't like the food in there. Too many fried dishes and heavy casseroles, and all served with vegetables monsterously overcooked, exactly like my grandmother used to do them. A couple of pieces of fresh fruit is what I prefer at lunch, and it's easy to just stow them in the rucksack on my way out in the morning. Sometimes, a small piece of cheese to go with them. Then, the best thing is to go via the baker's shop on the way to work and get a good coffee and a couple of his fresh, warm, buttery croissants for breakfast on the train. Perfect.

...Usually no lunch for me,..my guys bring lunch,but I'm always too wrapped up in what I'm doing to take a lunch...coffee and cigs is the norm for me..

...I eat/binge when I go home...that's why I'm gettin'a beer belly,and I hardly ever drink beer!!

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 04-24-2005).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
I
Many times I am eating while driving.

The only time I bring a lunch is when I know that there is no place near the job to get something.

I think I am single handedly keeping the drive throughs and sub shops in business. [Linked Image]

If I want to eat healthy I will stop at a super market with a salad bar and make my own.

If I am not eating healthy most any deep fried or otherwise cooked animal makes me quite happy. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard