The Electrical Contractor Network

ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Register Now!

Register Now!

We want your input!


2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Recent Posts
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by aussie240
Yesterday at 02:39 AM
Photo Upload Tutorial
by DanK
12/06/16 11:35 PM
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
On Delay Relay with Auto Reset
by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 13
HotLine1 9
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 7
Trumpy 6
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46905 - 01/05/05 01:23 PM CS6369 recep
royta Offline

Registered: 09/03/04
Posts: 136
Loc: CA
A customer has a coffee cart which needs to plug into a 50A 120/240V 3 pole 4 wire CS6369 recep . I want to install the recep in (as opposed to surface mount) an interior finished wall. The building is wood framed and has a dropped ceiling. I will be passing through fire walls, so my plan was to run conduit from the panel, and then terminate to flex where it will go down the wall. I want the installation to not be an eyesore if the cart is not at the location, so the recep should probably be covered by either a weather proof cover or a standard cover like HERE (top three pictures) . However, these covers mount to an FS or FD box. My plan was to remove enough sheetrock at the recep location to install a 4S deep box w/ brackets. If I knew the coffee cart would be plugged in 100% of the time, with no chance of the customer deciding selling coffee isn't working out, I'd simply install a box cover, like the HBL50SC shown at the bottom of the above page. However, I'm not sure what to do from there. I can't use a standard single gang mud ring, because it won't have the four corner screw holes required for the cover. Does anybody have any suggestions for a clean installation?

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#46906 - 01/05/05 04:59 PM Re: CS6369 recep
hbiss Offline

Registered: 12/16/03
Posts: 893
Loc: Hawthorne, NY USA
Looks like the receptacle will mount to a single gang mud ring and will take a standard single gang plate with two screws. Anything for an FS or FD box then isn't going to work. How about a deep single gang in-use cover? Do they make one with that hole size?


#46907 - 01/05/05 06:07 PM Re: CS6369 recep
NORCAL Offline

Registered: 09/25/02
Posts: 807
Does it have to be a locking receptacle, or can you use a 10-50R straight blade device?Then no problems mounting a flush device, and a lot cheaper too.

#46908 - 01/05/05 06:19 PM Re: CS6369 recep
mhulbert Offline

Registered: 10/19/04
Posts: 133
Loc: Anaheim, CA USA
I'm 99% sure that an Appleton #FSK-SBA will do the job for you. It mounts to a 1 gang plaster ring, and has holes for their FS/FD covers. I'm not sure if the holes are the same for the covers you reference from Hubbell, that's why I say 99% sure!

Check out page B-10 in this PDF:

Good Luck!

#46909 - 01/05/05 09:36 PM Re: CS6369 recep
Bjarney Offline

Registered: 04/10/02
Posts: 2561
Loc: West-Southern Inner-Northeast ...
At the link below, look at HBL77CM74WO or HBL7774WO WET-LOCATION covers and HBL7349 adapter plate, which seems to be for plain-vanilla 1-gang flush boxes. Looks like a little silicone caulk under the adapter plate may be needed. Gasket on the 77*74 plate should seal the front of the adapter plate.

I wouldn’t hesitate to ring up Hubbell Wiring Device in CT to get verification of the right “fit.” lists Customer Service (203)882-4900 Technical Service (203)882-4820

{I’ll take a quad-shot mocha with triple Scharffen Berger 70% Bittersweet and a double of Altadena heavy whipping cream.}

PS: “CS” in the Hubbell part number actually means “California Special.”

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 01-06-2005).]

#46910 - 01/05/05 11:34 PM Re: CS6369 recep
royta Offline

Registered: 09/03/04
Posts: 136
Loc: CA
Thanks for the help everybody.

Bjarney - Those covers were the ones I was actually looking at. It doesn't need to be weather proof (the recep will be installed in an interior wall), I just feel a closed cover will look the cleanest. I doubt the building owner will want to look at a CS6369 receptacle if the coffee business doesn't work out for the tenant. The description for the HBL7342 does not mention for use with any of the covers I was thinking of using. Hopefully the description is filled with typos. I'll give Hubbell a call tomorrow.

mhulbert - The Appleton FSK-SBA looks like it "should" work perfect. I'll certainly look into that.

#46911 - 01/17/05 11:06 AM Re: CS6369 recep
royta Offline

Registered: 09/03/04
Posts: 136
Loc: CA
I believe I will just use a 5S box and a Hubbell HBL50SC (bottom of page) cover. If the coffee business doesn't work out and the building owners don't want an ugly receptacle there, they can call me up and I'll remove the receptacle and put a blank cover over the box.


ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals